Thursday, September 17, 2009

Where Winnipeg Is Like Forever


So as I said earlier in my blog I am writing on different parts of the world. And today I decided to write about our beautiful country, CANADA. Recently, I heard a song on the radio, and it really stuck with me. The artist summed up our huge country in one song. It's a great song for all of us who are PROUD CANADIANS! The song is by Mike Plume Band and it's called This Is Our Home (8:30 Newfoundland). What I really love about this song is the lyrics. They take you from one part of the country to the next within seconds. And Winnipeg is mentioned in the song!!! I KNOW, I was thinking the same thing as you probably are... WOO HOO!! If you have ever travelled across Canada, like me, you'll catch yourself smiling at the end of each line. The singer brings up cool things about different parts of our country that Canadians can relate to. And the artist brings up funny inside jokes us COLD BLOODED citizens share! For anyone who is already a proud Canadian I bet you'll love our country even more when you listen to this song, and watch the video too! You'll find yourself grinning and even giggling at some of the lyrics. Watching the video was a great experience for me too because I could relate to the places on the video, like the giant goose in Wawa, Ontario!

Check out the video and lyrics and ENJOY!


1 comment:

  1. Wow - that's quite a crossroads pictured on the above freeze frame. One wrong turn, and you'd be in Roughriders' territory!

    ReplyDelete