Thursday, January 7, 2010

Favourite Web Celeb??

I ended up on my couch last night eating spaghetti with my good friend the T.V. When I noticed the People's Choice Awards were on I thought "why not?"

I was surprised at several of the awards given out, such as Sandra Bullock! I am not displeased by this because she was amazing in the movie: The Blindside. It did take me by surprise though. And so did Johnny Depp's Actor of The Decade award he took home, but hey I'm also indifferent to the situation.

However, I am SHOCKED and disgusted that The Proposal was chosen as favourite comedy by fans over The Hangover. I still have a hard time believing it even as I write this post. Oh well, Lauren, get over yourself!

The award that really opened my eyes to what our world is becoming was the one Mr. Punkd himself thanked the fans for. Ashton Kutcher won the newest award added to the People's Choice Awards collection: Favourite Web Celebrity!

It's hard for me to grasp the fact that the internet is becoming so essential to our society that awards are given in that area at a movie/TV/music based awards show!
But, to his credit I am aware that he was the big winner because of his charity work. Kutcher challenged himself to get 1 000 000 followers on twitter and then promised if he did he would donate 10 000 mosquito nets to Malaria No More (a charity determined to reduce malaria deaths in Africa). AND HE DID IT! Good on him, I'll cheers to that!

Here is a video Kutcher took on his Iphone of the audience as he was receiving his award. This footage was posted live on Ustream during the award show.


No comments:

Post a Comment