Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Inspired By Art & Copy


Today our class went to see a film titled Art & Copy at the Cinematheque. I was thoroughly impressed and inspired by the film. I have been wavering and wondering if I made the right decision by going into advertising next year. But during the film I was reminded of how interested I am in this exciting field, and anticipating next year with great expectations.

This film lets us inside the advertising world to meet some of the most successful creatives of our time, such as Dan Weiden, Lee Clow, and Hal Riney. They are responsible for famous campaigns, including: Nike's "Just Do It", the "Got Milk" campaign and iPod's dancing campaign. The film is very interesting, with all of the advertising statistics and sides of the advertising world you don't usually see. I would wager to say that even if you don't know much about advertising you will still enjoy it because you are submersed in it every day.

2 comments:

  1. It was an interesting film - not entirely successful, but contemplative and thought-provoking enough to recommend, I'd say.

    "Objectified" is a truly great film about design...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check that out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete