Sunday, November 15, 2009

Would You Like a Falafel With That?

The character, Matt, says on the movie Extreme Days: "Ok, one bobaganuse burger, would you like a FALAFEL with that?"

I watched that movie years ago and always wondered what a falafel was.
I enjoyed my first falafel experience about a week ago at the Lineup in the Exchange District.
To say the least, it was WONDERFUL.

For those of you who don't know, a falafel is popular Middle East food.
It's a pita filled with deep fried chick pea balls and all the goods like lettuce, cheese,
and tasty tahini sauce.

Mmmm Mmmmm GOOD!

Did you know McDonalds in Egypt serves them? They're called McFalafels!

Click here to check out an easy recipe for falafels.

5 comments:

  1. mmm can we go again? And does McFalafel come with McTahini sauce I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wondered what a falafel was! hmm it sounds kinda gross but I'll have to come with next time and try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A poem:

    "A falafel is great, not awful."

    And now I'll return to marking these radio ads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that really how you spell Baba-gan-oosh?

    ReplyDelete