Friday, October 15, 2010





Would you recognize Warehouse One's new logo if it didn't have their name beside it? I didn't.


I remember their older logos:




Yes, I think it was smart of them to rebrand themselves and choose a new logo. It almost makes them look like a new, more hip brand. This could be very helpful for them because many people don't think of the store as trendy. People that have never heard of Warehouse One might look at their logo and website and find it appealing.

The reason why I'm blogging about this is because I saw a billboard on Notre Dame Ave in Winnipeg for Warehouse One and I had no idea what the ad was for. The billboard just had the logo and if you looked hard enough you could tell the background was the texture of jeans. I was completely boggled. Yes, I was intrigued and it did catch my attention, but how is it effective if there was no way I could find out what it was for. If there was a website that would have been effective. But, there was no way I could look up the logo online. It was frustrating. I'm assuming that was what they were going for because yes now I'm advertising for them by blogging about it.

Oh, and to finish the story, the way I found out what it was for finally was simply by driving past their store on Portage Ave. If someone saw this ad and didn't drive past the store, they would have no idea what the ad was for.

No comments:

Post a Comment