Saturday, September 18, 2010

Advertising: may cause more accidents than texting


Often I hear myself thinking, "unfortunately we don't get to experience the hilarious, risky and controversial ads like Europeans and many others around the world get to do. Some are mind boggling, others downright comical and even make you want to blink and look again to reassure yourself you're not seeing things. An example is this Burger King ad.

But, this time I find myself thinking, "fortunately we don't have the wild ads that are found in other parts of the globe, like this new billboard found in Britain."

Yes, it's an ad for Wonderbra. And yes, it is in 3D. The same technology James Cameron used in Avatar was used on this billboard to make the model's "TaTas" jump out at the motorist. We're told texting and driving is dangerous, but ogling at a monster sized airbrushed model with perfectly shaped "TaTas" while driving isn't?

Okay, you got me! I am being ridiculously extreme and if you want my real opinion I don't think it is that distracting, but then again I'm a woman and don't see it the way men do. But, I do think it's a pretty smart ad done by Wonderbra. There you have it, now what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment