Monday, September 20, 2010

Inspired for the Year Ahead!

Cutting out magazine pictures and creating collages (or in ad speak: mood boards, improv, and charades. Sounds like grade eight all over again for me! Today I realised that I made the right choice in choosing advertising as my major in Creative Communications.

I feel like I can breathe and smile at the same time after today. I am really enjoying being a part of the 2011 advertising class. Now that we're immersing ourselves in the major campaign project of the year for Berns & Black Salons & Spa I am reminded of why I chose advertising. It is so interesting and I love brainstorming with others who also love thinking creatively to come up with brilliant and successful ads! Whether we're learning about ways to force ourselves to use the right side of the brain or playing improv, advertising has been fun and exciting so far! I

Today for the first time ever I was encouraged to have disorganized, shmozzled notes! I never thought I'd ever hear that! (I am constantly apologizing for my messy notes) Apparently it's a useful method to get your right(creative) side of the brain working! Who knew!

I just had to share my enthusiasm for the year ahead, and with that I will share with you an ad I keep seeing on TV that I really enjoy, tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment