Thursday, October 15, 2009

Courtesy Not Dead


Here is a little diddy with Mr. Manners, reminding you about the basic "Yes Please's" and "No Thankyou's"


I have good news, courtesy isn't dead.
Often, I feel like manners have fallen off the face of our planet.
It seems people don't feel the need to be polite or find joy
in a simple smile.

But, it's a wonderful day when a stranger proves me wrong!
As I wrote in earlier blog posts, I recently had two delightful experiences.
The first was a cheerful bus driver who made the effort to wish everyone
a great day as we unloaded at the Concert Hall.

The second is a friendly old man who was walking his dog and stopped
to chit chat with me as I was waiting for my bus.
When my bus arrived, he reminded me to have a nice relaxing
evening and left with a smile.

I believe we need to tell people we appreciate them when they
make the extra effort to be friendly.
Because it's not so common anymore.

I decided to send this in as a letter to the Winnipeg Free Press editor
today. Let's see if they think this subject resonates with other readers
enough to publish it!

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you Lauren. It really is sad that people will not take time out of their busy schedules to say thank you, have a nice day, or simply smile at one another. This problem of people lacking manners is only getting worse, so I agree when you say that we should start thanking the very few that do. There is nothing better then being in the worst possible mood and have a complete stranger smile at you or say have a great day.

    ReplyDelete