Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Here's To You: Cheerful Bus Driver

I learned today that not every bus driver is inconsiderate for their passengers.

Today, as the #22 pulled up to the Centennial Concert Hall my driver looked back at all of us crowded by the door, about to jump out, and exclaimed in a cheerful voice, "HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!"

Wow. I was so impressed that there are still people who have decency and manners. And who are GENUINELY happy people. These are my favourite type of people!

It doesn't say in his manual that he must greet every one of his passengers with a smile and wish them a wonderful day. But, he does it anyway. My bus driver made my day today. And, every other bus driver who smiles and says "Good morning" is in my good books.

Cheers! To people who still think manners are important!
And to those who still like to talk to strangers and make them smile!

1 comment: