Thursday, October 8, 2009

Cynical About Public Bus Drivers?

So, I know I've gotten completely off topic with the last few posts on my blog.
But, as Forest Gump says, "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get."

So right now I am going to rant about bussing. I started using public transportation for the first time in my life last month. I have to admit, my first thoughts on bussing were very negative. But, as time goes by I am less cynical about the whole idea. It's not as bad as it seems to those of you who have never experienced the "TAKING THE BUS" adventure. And yes, sometimes it is quite the adventure. But let's not get to those stories at this time.

I will relate to my blog's topic slightly, because I wonder how the public transit system in Winnipeg compares to bussing in other parts of the world.

I wonder if it's only in Winnipeg that the bus driver takes corners so fast that sweet old senior citizens plunge to the cold wet ground. This has happened several times since I've been using the public transit system. And it doesn't even seem like the driver cares!!
Recently, an elderly woman just got onto the bus, and before she had the chance to sit down the bus REVVED up and she came flying at me, and slammed her elbow into the wall. I felt so bad.
And peaved at the bus driver.

Is it like this in Australia? Or Europe?

5 comments:

  1. you inspired me to write a post about transit also. The drivers can be pretty rude people. That poor little old lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bus is great for reading. Were it not for the bus, I'd be much less well read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, except I'm one of those poor unfortunate souls who gets car sick...

    ReplyDelete
  4. and what about the bus drivers that see you waving and running trying to catch the bus but intentionally look the other way so they don't have to stop and pick a person up.... RAGE!

    ReplyDelete